GEO #1 (vol 2): Grassroots Democracy In Action
Welcome to the first official issue of GEO's new electronic newsletter. We close the past twelve years and 77 issues (volume 1) and open a new volume in our work of sharing stories of hope, creativity and vision in the work of building a just, sustainable and democratic society.
Democratic Practice Across Sectors
- Why Are We Playing Monopoly When We Can Be Living Democracy? By Frances Moore Lappé.
- Money Talks: How Participatory Budgeting Can Transform Politics. By Josh Lerner.
- Limiting Corporate Rights: Lessons from a Democracy School. By Joel Schoening.
Workplace Democracy in the U.S.
- Co-ops Unite to Support Worker-Ownership in Home Care. By Jim Johnson.
- Taking Back the South Bronx: Opening Day at a Green Worker Co-op. By Lauren Kozol.
International Models for Economy Democracy
- Linking the Global and the Local: Seikatsu's Vision. By Yvon Poirier.
A weekly email newsletter connecting you with our latest issues, articles and special features. Subscribe now!
- 2: Building Regional Solidarity Economy Networks-NEW!
- 1: Expanding the Reach of Food Co-ops
- 18: The Southern Cooperative Movement
- 17: Scaling-Up the Cooperative Movement
- 16: Intentional Communities and Solidarity Economics
- 15: Advancing the Development of Worker Co-ops-ADWC 2013
- 14: The Anniversary Issue
- 13: The Frank Lindenfeld Memorial
- 12: International Year of the Cooperative
- 11: Lessons for Today from "Black Like Me"
- 10: Occupy! Connect! Create!
- 9: Collective Action: Research, Practice and Theory
- 8: Worker Cooperative Development Models
- 7: The Cooperative Advantage
- 6: Inter-cooperation is Key
- 5: Education For Economic Liberation
- 4: Land, Food, Childcare, Laundry, and a Book
- 3: Worker Cooperative Replication
- 2: Strengthening the Movement
- 1: Grassroots Democracy In Action