GEO vol. II, #6: Inter-cooperation is Key!
*For GEO Blog Updates, scroll down below!*
Weaving the Fabric of Solidarity Economies: Examples from across the Americas
The theme for this issue is inter-cooperation - between cooperatives and between cooperatives and other institutions.
Cooperative Economies & Economic Struggle in Latin America
- Working Together to Achieve Economic Success: Argentine printing cooperatives transform social networks into economic ones by Traci Kuratomi, Fulbright Fellow in Argentina
- Cooperation Across Borders: El Salvador's Las Colinas is Hosted by a New England Food Co-op by Len Krimerman, GEO collective member
- A Poor American in Cuba by Sonia Pichardo, GEO collective member
Intercooperation in the U.S.
- Mondragon and the US Steelworkers Partnership: an Update by Christina Clamp, GEO collective member
- Engaging and Encouraging Future Cooperators through Education by Anastasia Wilson and Mark Paul, majoring in Economics at the University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass)
- Abolish Human Rentals: Inalienable Rights Revived by Mike Lueng, www.AbolishHumanRentals.org
Calls to Action
- The Third International Encuentro: THE WORKERS' ECONOMY - Analyzing & Debating a New Economy from the Perspective of Workers & Self-management a conference to be convened in June 2011 in Mexico City
GEO 6, vol. 2 - December, 2010
Photo courtesy of Equal Exchange
Permanent link to this article: http://geo.coop/node/594
A weekly email newsletter connecting you with our latest issues, articles and special features. Subscribe now!
- 14: The Anniversary Issue
- 13: The Frank Lindenfeld Memorial
- 12: International Year of the Cooperative
- 11: Lessons for Today from "Black Like Me"
- 10: Occupy! Connect! Create!
- 9: Collective Action: Research, Practice and Theory
- 8: Worker Cooperative Development Models
- 7: The Cooperative Advantage
- 6: Inter-cooperation is Key
- 5: Education For Economic Liberation
- 4: Land, Food, Childcare, Laundry, and a Book
- 3: Worker Cooperative Replication
- 2: Strengthening the Movement
- 1: Grassroots Democracy In Action