Welcome to the GEO Resource Library. Here you'll find a collection of documents that we see as key texts and resources for our work of imagining and building a solidarity economy. Some of these documents are theoretical, aimed towards building a big-picture story about where we are, where we are going, and how we might get there. Other documents are very practical, designed to provide concrete ideas and suggestions to people doing on-the-ground organizing of cooperatives and other solidarity economy initiatives. And finally, some documents combine the two approaches, suggesting strategies that can link our practices with the big ideas and vice versa.
If you have document that you're aware of and think should be a part of this library, please send them to us.
Solidarity Economy: An Overview and Some Definitions. Julie Matthaei and Jenna Allard. (pdf)
Solidarity Economics: From the Bottom-Up and the Inside-Out. Ethan Miller. (pdf)
Other Economies Are Possible. GEO Collective (Special Issue of Dollars & Sense) (pdf)
A Solidarity Economy Map. Ethan Miller. (pdf)
INTERNATIONAL MODELS FOR ECONOMIC DEMOCRACY
Bologna Summer Program for Co-operative Studies: The Lessons of Emilia Romagna By John Restakis (.PDF)
A weekly email newsletter connecting you with our latest issues, articles and special features. Subscribe now!
- 14: The Anniversary Issue
- 13: The Frank Lindenfeld Memorial
- 12: International Year of the Cooperative
- 11: Lessons for Today from "Black Like Me"
- 10: Occupy! Connect! Create!
- 9: Collective Action: Research, Practice and Theory
- 8: Worker Cooperative Development Models
- 7: The Cooperative Advantage
- 6: Inter-cooperation is Key
- 5: Education For Economic Liberation
- 4: Land, Food, Childcare, Laundry, and a Book
- 3: Worker Cooperative Replication
- 2: Strengthening the Movement
- 1: Grassroots Democracy In Action